Dress Code & Studio Policies
Jazz/Contemporary/Stretch & Musical Theater:
Hip Hop: anything you can move in and feel comfortable
Dancers & Dreamers: leotard and tights (NO UNDERWEAR), pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes. Hair: pulled back out of
Boys- Attire: T-shirt, shorts or pants (NOT TOO BAGGY) black ballet shoes, black jazz shoes, black tap shoes. Hair: combed away from the face.
Ballroom Girls: Leotard, Latin skirt above the knees, or dance dress. Hair must be pulled away from the face in a secure ponytail or dance bun. Jazz shoes will be fine for the first month, then Latin shoes will be required. Latin
Ballroom Boys: Black dance trousers, tight shirt or t-shirt. Jazz shoes will be fine for the first month, then black shoes with Cuban heel shoes will be required. The shoe should feel like a glove on a foot.
*A NOTE ABOUT CROP TOPS, DANCE SHORTS, and WARM UP ATTIRE: In order for teachers to appropriately monitor the movement development of a dancer,
We require that students wear warm-up attire and cover up to and from dance class.
Students are placed in classes according to age and ability level. If he/she feels the student is not in the appropriate class, the teacher may move adjust the student’s class placement.
- Students must wear a cover-up to and from TDS at all times.
- Students may not wear dance shoes outside TDS.
- Students may not wear jewelry of any kind in class. (Stud earrings are permitted.)
- Please do not leave young children unattended at anytime.
- Yelling or horseplay inside TDS are not allowed.
- Parents and visitors watching in the lobby must not disturb students or instructors while class is in session, unless it is an emergency.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late, s/he may be asked to watch class. Tardiness affects the teacher, the students and the entire tone of the class. Parents and students should make every effort to be on time and ready when class begins.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student who disturbs the class at any time.
- TDS reserves the right to cancel a class if there is low enrollment.
- TDS is not responsible for stolen or lost property. (Label ALL dancewear and shoes with your child’s name)
- Cell phones are not permitted in the dance rooms unless they are turned off or in airplane mode.
- Students may bring a water bottle to class but must keep it in their dance bag.
- Snacks are not allowed in dance rooms.
- Parents must pick their child up on time! Instructors are not responsible for watching students who are not picked up on time.