Live Classes at The Dance Spot
If you filled out the survey we sent on Tuesday, May 12th
If you filled out the survey we sent on Tuesday, May 12th, and indicated that your dancer would like to come into the studio to take class next week, please check the live-class list below and if your dancer’s class or classes are listed, we have reserved a spot in your dancer’s class(es).
If you have NOT filled out the survey we sent on Tuesday, May 12th
If you have not filled out the survey and would like your dancer to attend class at the studio next week, please refer to the live class offerings below and email the front desk at email@example.com to request a spot. Please do not show up to a live class if you have not recieved a reply, as we will get back to you to let you know if there are spots available.
New Studio Policies & Procedures
NEW STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
In preparation for next week and the following weeks, we wanted to update you about some processes and procedures we are putting into place, so that we can open our doors for in person classes starting next Monday, May 18th, for those who have expressed interest through the survey sent last Tuesday.
Entry and Exit
- All doors will remain slightly opened to minimize anyone touching surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer applied onto all dancer’s hands upon entry into each studio space.
- We ask that all parents, whose children will need assistance getting into their studio, escort them into the building and to their designated studio space. We may have an alternate door exit for parents, once children are dropped off, depending on the studio in which studio they are taking class.
- We will be limiting the amount of parents (in the building) walking their students to or from a class at any time (one parent/representative per family only please; same parent for both drop off and pick up if possible).
- Please wait in the parking lot and do not come in early – we will start allowing entry at 10 until the end of the hour/half hour.
- All lobbies and indoor common areas, as well as our store and office, will be closed however, dancers will have access to front desk staff should a need arise.
- We ask that everyone in the building, including staff, wear masks while in common areas.
- Once your dancer enters the studio space, the wearing of masks is up to the discretion of our dancers and their families, so please talk to your child(ren) about your family’s rules. Students are welcome to wear masks, but it is not required while taking class.
- Students will be distanced 6-9 feet apart in each studio space in marked off spaces on the floor.
What to bring in
- Please have your dancers arrive dressed and ready for class with as little to no baggage as possible.
- A (labelled) self sealing water bottle, a snack (if there for multiple hours, no sharing please), and a change of dance shoes, if applicable.
- If more than one class, please have them dress in a way as to eliminate/minimize the need to completely change clothes. (Example: if your dancer has a ballet class sometime in the evening, we ask that they come in ballet clothes and leave them on for the entire evening. They can add jazz shorts and roll up convertible tights for other classes).
- Please ask your dancer to observe social distancing protocol in the common areas and classrooms and to avoid physical contact with others. We all love to shake hands and hug, but for now, just wave and say hey to others from a distance.
- We are following the governor’s orders of 25% occupancy (per studio space) to keep social distancing protocols. Teachers will practice social distancing during classes as well.
- Our teachers will be directing students verbally with minimal contact, for hands off corrections, at this time.
- Social distancing reminders have been posted around the studio.
Parameters for entry
Please do not attend on campus if you feel ill, or have had a fever or any symptoms of any illness within the past 14 days. We would love to see you, but if you are at risk, have a compromised immune system, are sick, are showing signs of respiratory illness, currently have a fever above 99.6, have been around anyone that’s been sick, or are over the age of 65, our Governor has strongly encouraged you to consider enjoying our online classes from the comfort and safety of your own home. This also applies if you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or if you live with someone that is at risk, sick, showing signs of respiratory illness currently have a fever above 99.6, or have been around anyone that’s been sick in the past 14 days.
Classes will be 5 minutes shorter to accommodate cleaning/sanitizing time in between each class, so please factor that in when you consider pick up times (ex. A 5pm class that normally dismisses at 5:55pm will dismiss next week at 5:50pm).
Break between classes
For students with breaks between classes, please remind them of your family’s rules around social distancing and please instruct them to honor these guidelines during this down time as well. Lobbies will be closed.
- We will not be using any equipment except black panel mats for select classes, when needed, which we are able to wipe down and sanitize between classes.
- Please encourage your dancers to bring any individual equipment they may need, for example, a yoga mat, or any props necessary for class. Please disinfect at home before bringing.
- We have instructed our ballet staff to avoid the use of barres for warm up next week.
We are asking that our families
- Take your child’s temperature before heading to the studio.
- Keep your dancer home if he/she/they have a cough, runny nose, or the slightest health concern.. All dancers must be symptom free to be allowed into either building.
- Talk with your children before coming to the studio about your family’s “rules” including whether or not they should wear a mask and/or gloves, and instruct them around social distancing parameters and the studios’ guidelines.
- Remain outside the buildings during classes. Lobbies will be closed to all non-dancers. We have outlined pick-up & drop-off protocols above.
- Based upon a recommendation from one of our studio parents who worked in infection control for over 15 years, we have hired a professional company to come and provide a treatment at the studio that involves spraying a non toxic mist which acts as a protective shield to the studio and all touch points, using a product called Bioshield 75, that bonds to surfaces and provides protection for up to 90 days.
- We will continue to keep both buildings cleaned and sanitized daily for your family’s well-being. We will sanitize touchable surfaces/mats in between each class, as well as deep clean at the end or beginning of each day and restrooms throughout the days and evenings.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all students in our regular big bottles throughout the studios. Our staff will wash their hands and use hand sanitizer hourly between each class as well.
- We have posted hand washing reminders in all restrooms and hand soap and paper towels will be regularly restocked.
- We will be running fans continuously inside the building to maximize air circulation.
Additional precautions we are taking
- Teachers will all take their own temperature with infrared touchless thermometers before each shift to confirm they do not have a fever.
- While our front desk staff is in the building, please send questions to us via email, so we can minimize unnecessary contact.