Recital Day May 29th, 2021
Dress Rehearsal May 28th
We are very excited to showcase all of our dancers’ talent and hard work on May 29th at our spring recital! In preparation for the big day, please read through the below information thoroughly, as there are many details about dress rehearsal and recital day included!
If you have not already purchased tickets to the show please click below for information:
Seasons of Change Recital Tickets
Step 1. Determine if you have a dancer in Act 1 or Act 2 or both. To check, click here for a show order by class.
Step 2. Refer to the dierctions below to search for the email you were sent
Act 1 Only: An email was sent to the email used in your Studio Director account on May 17th with subject line “Update: Recital Tickets to Seasons of Change Act 1“ with information on recital ticktets and a family specific code to access and purchase tickets. Please refer to the email for your family’s specific code and directions to purchase up to 3 tickets.
Act 2 Only: An email was sent to the email used in your Studio Director account on May 17th with subject line “Update: Recital Tickets to Seasons of Change Act 2” with information on recital ticktets and a family specific code to access and purchase tickets. Please refer to the email for your family’s specific code and directions to purchase up to 3 tickets.
Act 1 & Act 2: An email was sent to the email used in your Studio Director account on May 17th with subject line “Recital Tickets to Seasons of Change Act 1 & Act 2” with information on recital ticktets and a family specific code to access and purchase tickets. Please refer to the email for your family’s specific code and directions to purchase up to 3 tickets.
Due to continued covid restrictions, Hays PAC requires that dancers and spectators wear masks while in the building at all times. The only exceptions are children under the age of 10. Just like dress rehearsal, dancers will be allowed to remove their masks backstage, prior to their performance, but must put them back on when finished performing. In addition, Hays PAC also requires every other row to be vacant and empty of belongings between groups of tickets sold. To ensure safety protocol is followed and to avoid limiting each family to only 2 spectator tickets, we have decided to break our recital production into two separate shows, so intermission will be 45 minutes and serve as an official break between shows, and full sanitation of the auditorium will be completed.
What this means to our dancers and families:
Dancers ONLY PERFORMING IN ACT 1 will check out after the conclusion of Act ,1 and families will be asked to exit the building, immediately after checkout, to avoid a crowded lobby. These families will only purchase tickets to Act 1 of the production.
Dancers ONLY PERFORMING IN ACT 2 will check out after the conclusion of Act 2 and will only purchase tickets to Act 2 of the production. These families will be asked to wait to enter the lobby, until closer to the beginning of Act 2, when we open the doors (15 minutes prior to the beginning of the production).
Dancers PERFORMING IN BOTH ACT 1 & ACT 2 will be checking IN along with Act 1 dancers and checking OUT along with Act 2 dancers. These families will need to purchase tickets to both Act 1 & Act 2 productions and will be given a discount code to cover the cost of Act 2’s tickets.
Please note that tickets were not included in your performance fee and will need to be purchased. Tickets will be going on sale no later than Friday, May 14th, so keep an eye out for specific ticketing links to purchase via email and/or on this recital webpage. The cost of tickets is $15 per person.
Please make sure to have clean and hole free tights (If required for your costume). If you need to purchase a new pair, please make sure to purchase them ahead of time. The TDS office has tights for purchase, however, cannot promise we will have everyone’s size who needs them, so please be prepared.
Dress Rehearsal & Show Day Call times
Dress Rehearsal: Friday, May 28th, 2021
Recital Day: Saturday, May 29th, 2021
Call times per class for both dress rehearsal and recital day divided up into Act 1 and Act 2 and can be found at the bottom of this webpage or by clicking on the Dress Rehearsal & Show Day Call Times button below.
Dress Rehearsal: Friday, May 28th
The Dance Spot Studio 5
Dancers should arrive, in full costume, ready to go, no later than the call time for their class, listed at the bottom of this webpage, or downloadable HERE! “Call Time” means that your dancer should be checked in, fully dressed, and completely ready to go on stage by that set time.
Please Note: Run times are approximate and may change depending on any technical difficulties or need to run a piece more than once.
- Upon arrival, dancers will enter into the main building to check in and find their designated dressing area. They will be separated by age and gender. There will be a separate email that will break down the flow of the evening, but it will run the same as the recital, with full costume changes, as it is necessary to make sure timing is accurate and will run smoothly on recital day..
- Dancers and parents will be required to wear masks in the dressing rooms and common areas until right before they either go in front of the camera and/or perform their piece in Studio 5. They are then permitted to take the mask off, but will be required to put them back on as they exit the studio.
- Dancers may leave after their dance has rehearsed (if a dancer is in more than one dance, we ask that the dancer not leave until after his/her last dance has rehearsed).
Please Note: Run times are approximate and may change depending on any technical difficulties or the need to run a piece more than once.
Recital Day: Saturday, May 29th
Hays Performing Arts Center
979 Kohlers Crossing, Kyle, TX 78640
Dancers will check in approximately 1 hour before the act in which they are performing (call times per class can be found below, or by clicking HERE).
later than the call time for their class, listed at the bottom of this webpage, or downloadable HERE! “Call Time” means that your dancer should be checked in, fully dressed, and completely ready to go on stage by that set time.
- Parents will check in dancers at the designated check in table, and the dancer can then go backstage to get prepared for the show.
- Show order for recital will be the same as dress rehearsal order.
- Dancers should arrive in full costume (girls’ hair should be secured out of their face, in whatever style directed by their teacher, and stage makeup applied).
- Pick Up will only be after Act 1 and after Act 2 Please do NOT go backstage during the show to pick up your dancer. All dancers who are only performing in Act 1 must be picked up during intermission. Dancers 12 years old and older may check themselves out, but must make sure they have collected all of their belongings, before exiting the dressing room area. If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason during the show, please exit between dance numbers, to keep disruption at a minimum!
- We will have concessions and some retail items, available for purchase, both before and after the show, as well as during intermission – please bring cash for purchases!
- Seating will be assigned, not general admission. We will have to clear out all audience members and their belongings from the auditorium, after Act 1, so that the cleaning crew can sanitize the auditorium, before allowing Act 2 audience members to enter and be seated (thus the 45 minute long intermission). If you have a dancer in both acts, you will need to secure tickets to both Act 1 and Act 2 separately, however will only be required to pay for Act 1. These parents must exit the auditorium after Act 1 and then be re-seated approximately 30 minutes after the end of Act 1.